To make specific requests for set-up, please send an email to the Director of Campus Activities, Kendrick Durham. Please select the room that is best equipped for your needs. Other accommodations can be made upon special request. Do not assume that everything you need will be in the space you reserve (i.e. computers, VGA cables, adaptors, DVD player, etc.).
The Student Life Office reserves the right to charge an individual, group, or organization for damage incurred to the space or for excessive cleaning. Additionally, reservation privileges for the responsible parties may be revoked.
Banquet and Food Service Information
For information involving food service and catering, please contact the Catering Manager for Sodexho at 859.238.5369.
The D-Flyers play on the two (2) screens at the north and south entrances to the Campus Center. Any club, office, organization, or group recognized by the College may submit D-Flyers to advertise specific events and happenings on campus.
• The slide can easily be created in Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, and other programs. The final file types must be submitted in one of the following image types: .JPG, .TIF, .PCD, & .BMP.
• Please keep a 3/4 inch margin of text and graphic free area around the outer edge of the slide, as there will be some cropping when the slide is published to the television.
• Please make these slides visually interesting; using color, fonts, pictures, and graphics. Additionally, do not make the slide so busy that information is lost on those just passing by. There may be no references to drugs or alcohol.
Properly Setting Up The Format In Applications
• Create a new document at a custom size of 18.5 inches long by 11 inches high.
• Create the slide. Be sure to keep text away from the edges.
• Save and submit the document as a .jpg file.
• Create a new document at 1280 by 768 pixels.
• Do not select a color bit rate over 8.
• Create the slide.
• Save and submit the slide as a .jpg file.
Please submit the flyers to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than five (5) days prior to when you want the slides to run.
In the email, include:
• Start date of the slide, which can be no more than eight (8) calendar days prior to an event.
• End date of the slide (the day it should be removed).
The Student Life Office reserves the right to exclude any submission or change it for content or visual appeal.
If you have questions or suggestions for the Digital Signage in the Campus Center, please contact the Director of Campus Activities, Kendrick Durham.
There are bulletin boards located in the Parent’s Association Game Room, the south hallway of the second floor, and in the north and south vestibules on the first floor.
Do NOT place flyers or anything else anywhere other than these bulletin boards. Postings placed on glass, doors, furniture, walls, etc. will be promptly removed.
Supplies for making signs and banners are in the Student Organization Suite and are available to the entire Centre community. There are eight different rolls of colored paper, a variety of paints, die cuts, and markers, fabric markers, glitter, construction paper, scissors, crayons, colored pencils, and more. Supplies are not to be removed from the Campus Center. If supplies are running low or empty, please notify the Student Life Office.
When creating a banner, consider the space. Perhaps making a vertical banner may be a more efficient use of space.
Include name of event, sponsoring group, date, time, and location, and other pertinent information.
Do not hang banners more than ten (10) days before an upcoming event.
Do not hang a banner that blocks the vents on the north wall of Cowan Dining Commons. Signs or banners that cover the vents will be removed.
Hang banners from the 2nd floor railing over into Cowan Dining Commons.
You may hang banners with masking tape, painters tape, string, and ribbon.
You may NOT hang banners using zip ties, duct tape, packaging tape, wire, or anything that may damage the railings. Any signs that are secured by any of these methods will be removed.
Do not move or remove another sign to make room for your sign. If a group removes or moves another group’s sign, they may lose the privilege of posting signs/banners in Cowan Dining Commons.
Remove your own sign when your event is over.