• Attend Finding Your Centre (FYC).
• Complete your profile in Handshake.
• Explore options and learn more about yourself. Visit the Center for Career & Professional Development to explore your values, interests, abilities (self-assessments) and possible majors.
• Get plugged in. Become involved on campus by joining a student organization.
• Turn your high school resume into a college resume.
• Explore career fields. Use the Career Mentor Network and other on-line resources to explore possible career fields.
• Meet with your career counselor to explore your options and develop preliminary career goals.
• Attend Center for Career & Professional Development events and programs such as the Career Chats and Emerging Professionals series
• Update and refine your resume.
• Engage in experiential opportunities. Begin to gain experience through participation in a summer internship, study abroad, undergraduate research, service learning, and/or student leadership.
• If participating in an internship, explore internship funding options.
• Meet with your career counselor to further refine your career goals.
• Attend Center for Career & Professional Development events and programs such as the Career Chats and Emerging Professionals series.
• Participate in an internship or undergraduate research experience. Gain relevant experience by participating in an academic-credit semester-long internship, a summer internship, or research experience.
• Create a LinkedIn profile. Stop by the Center for Career & Professional Development for a professional profile picture and to learn more about networking. Use LinkedIn to network and to research employers.
• If considering graduate school, begin researching programs and studying for graduate exams.
• Attend Senior Celebration and other Center for Career & Professional Development events.
• Refine your interview skills. Meet with your career counselor to talk about interview preparation and conduct a mock interview in the Center for Career & Professional Development.
• Update and customize your resumes.
• Develop your job search plan. Create a plan to target employers, network, hone your interviewing skills, and successfully apply for jobs.
• Attend Spotlight Career Fair and on-campus interviews.
• If applicable, finalize your graduate school application. A successful graduate school application process includes taking the appropriate entrance exam(s), having your personal statement(s) reviewed by your career counselor and any appropriate advisors/faculty, and securing letters of recommendation.
• Complete the Senior Survey at the end of the school year.