We recommend registering your windows machine through your My Devices Portal here: http://mydevices.centre.edu
Please use the directions below:
- From a web browser go to the following web site and log in with your Centre username and password. http://mydevices.centre.edu
- Click Continue
- Click Add
- Enter a device name, for example "Lisa's Windows Machine", use something appropriate for you and your device.
- Enter the wireless MAC address of your computer in the Device ID field.
- This can be found by the following process. First select the windows key + R. In the pop up window type cmd and hit enter. In the terminal type "ipconfig /all". Scroll down to the section that mentions Wifi in the header. Within that section find the physical address.
- If you are struggling with step 6, Google "How to find MAC address on Windows". The mac address should be of the format: aa-bb-cc-11-22-33
- You can enter an optional Description, for example "Windows Laptop"
- Click "Submit"
- Join your device to the wireless network named "centre".
- Don't worry if your device is listed as "Pending", it will work on the network without issue.
- If you are done adding devices you can exit from your My Devices Portal by closing the window of clicking "Welcome" at the top right and choosing "Sign Out". If you have other devices to add you can begin again by click the Add button.