Why would I want to use Eduroam?
Eduroam enables you to use your Centre College account to obtain free, secure encrypted wireless access to the internet at Centre College and participating institutions around the world. Students and colleagues from participating institutions can enjoy the same benefit when visiting Centre College.
Eduroam wireless access is available at more than 1,000 institutions within the US and thousands more around the world. To see where you can Eduroam click the following links.
How do I connect to Eduroam?
To access the Eduroam network you will first need to download and install the profile on your device.
This is a small package of settings your device needs to be able to connect to the Eduroam wireless network.
The links below will guide you through the profile installation process. Each type of device has different steps, so please choose the link for the type of device you would like to connect to Eduroam.
Setting up eduroam - iOS devices -
If EDURoam is already installed but not working properly:
To resolve this issue, the first step is to remove the existing EDURoam profile:
1) Tap Settings.
2) Tap General.
3) Tap VPN & Device Management.
4) Tap EDURoam.
5) Tap Remove profile.
To install EDURoam:
1) Open Safari (do not use any other browser!)
2) Navigate to https://cat.eduroam.org/?idp=6504
3) Tap the Click here to download your EDURoam installer button.
4) You should a message saying "This website is trying to download a configuration profile." Do you want to allow this? Click Allow.
5) A message appears prompting you to check the profile in the settings. Confirm this message - Click Close.
6) Then change to Settings → General → VPN & Device Management or Settings → General → Profiles. Please select eduroam under DOWNLOADED PROFILE. Now please press Install.
6. Now please enter the code for your device so that the eduroam profile can be installed on the device.
7. Press Install.
8. Press Install again. 9. Enter your username which will be firstname.lastname@example.org Then press Next.
10. Now enter your centre password and click Next.
11. Finally, please press Done and the eduroam profile is installed.