1) Require and maintain academic standards in all Centre College academic programs.
2) Request and review, on a case-by-case basis, appropriate and relevant documentation of an identified disability, completed by an appropriate professional source, to verify the disability and identify the need for reasonable accommodation(s).
3) Deny a request for accommodations if the documentation does not meet the necessary criteria to determine the needs of the student, is not provided in a timely manner, if the accommodation request is unreasonable or contrary to the academic standards set by the College.
1) Provide equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the College.
2) Provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with appropriately documented disabilities.
3) Protect confidentiality of all information pertaining to a student’s disability, except as required by law.
Student with Disabilities Rights
1) Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the College.
2) Confidentiality of information. Any information pertaining to a disability is shared only with those College officials or professors who need to know in order to provide an accommodation.
Student with Disabilities Responsibilities
1) Self-identify to the Assistant Dean for Advising or Director of Residence Life in a timely manner as an individual with a disability when seeking an accommodation.
2) Provide appropriate documentation of a disability from an appropriate professional source that verifies the nature of the disability, functional limitations, the need for special accommodations, and recommendation for specific accommodations.
3) Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
4) Develop self-advocacy skills and motivation leading to self-reliance and independence.